Vulnerability: Multiple vulnerabilities in Sophos antivirus
Number of vulnerabilities: 6
Vector operation: Remote
Impact: Cross Site Scripting, Elevation of Privilege, System compromise.
Affected products: Sophos Anti-Virus 10.x, Sophos Anti-Virus 9.x, Sophos Anti-Virus for Mac OS X 8.x, Sophos Anti-Virus for Unix 4.x.
Which can be exploited by malicious people to execute arbitrary code on the target system.
1. The vulnerability is caused due to an integer overflow error when scanning files compiled in Visual Basic 6. A remote user can cause an overflow dynamic memory and execute arbitrary code on the target system.
2. The vulnerability is caused due to lack of processing certain data page locks Service Provider (LSP). A remote user can make XSS attack.
3. An error when checking the compression algorithm in the structure CFFolder. This can be exploited via a specially crafted CAB archive to cause a buffer overflow.
4. An error in the opcode byte code VM_STANDARD. This can be exploited via a specially crafted RAR archive to corrupt memory and execute arbitrary code on the target system.
5. The vulnerability exists because the application sets permissions on the lack of security in the directory service updates. Users can create and update modules to increase their privileges.
6. An error in decoding the revision PDF, remote user can trigger a buffer overflow in the stack.
Solution: To resolve the vulnerability patch from the manufacturer.